Monday, February 4, 2008

Crop 'Til You Drop


Well, I am back from my scrapping weekend and what a great time! It was so relaxing and productive. I completed 26 pages in my books!!! I was so excited. In addition to scrapbooking, the weekend itself was just quite relaxing. We'd scrap, then eat, then scrap, then sleep, then scrap, then eat...you get the idea. I have never scrapbooked as early as 7:30 am before! And the best part was being able to leave everything out for the next day without worrying anybody's little paws touching things. We were at a friend's house in NH and it was so quiet and peaceful. Sunday morning we had little devotional time together just sharing, reading the Word and praying together. I was refreshed in every way except physically. But I guess that's what happens when you scrap until 2:30 in the morning! For those of you wondering, Dave survived as well. When I walked in the door, the first thing Caleb said was, "You made more books?". He was happy to have new pictures to look at. Dave was pretty tired when I returned home but the kids were good for him and he said he had a good weekend. Maybe that means I can do this again sometime...here are some pics from the weekend.
This was our quaint little set-up.

Lauren and I re-charging with a little dinner break.

I know...what on earth is this a picture of? It is us scrapping in the dark to candlelight when we lost power for 2 hours on Friday night. Yup, 20 candles and pounds of paper...real safe!


The Scrapping Squad!!!

4 comments:

Mary Thorson said...

Oh my gosh, the candle picture is hilarious! Just shows how serious you guys were.

One Picky Family said...

You are all tech savvyness I knew you could be. Already have the pictures up... what is the world coming to? "We like to come to Becky's house. We like to stamp and crop..."

eileen said...

What a joy it was to scrap, stamp, stay up as late as I wanted to, and enjoy the realy winter of Lake Winnepesake... (or however you spell it). I enjoyed the company, the scrapping, the laughing, and the walking through a winter wonderland... it was only slightly stressful when I could not find the house, it was dark, and Becky told us there were bears and moose in the area. Alas, all was fine and I finished 12 or 13-pages. What a weekend!

Jessica said...

OH Sandra... how i would have looooved to be there to scrap with you! I have recently dived into making books for the kids... right now i'm doing an ABC book for josiah and this summer will have julia make one along with me. So many pics so little time... talking about time- where HAS it gone? Is it possible that we have been gone for over 2 years and yet i remember boston just like it was yesterday... it was so great having everyone as friends. So sorry i haven't been in touch with everyone- so glad everyone has set up blogs so i can keep up with the "growing" families! :) I'll let you know when we set up our blog so you can see my fam! God bless!!!!! Give everyone a squeeze at church for me!!!