Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas 2007

As I said, there is never dull moment in the Libby household. Why should Christmas be any different!?!? After playing Santa Claus on Christmas Eve and barely sleeping that night (not because of excitement for Christmas morning!), Mr. and Mrs. Claus woke up very sick! Some stomach bug just hit both us during the night. It was a struggle to get through the gifts with the kids. We figured we would skip dinner at my aunt's and still make it to my mom's to exchange gifts with everyone but that wasn't happening. We couldn't get out of the house. I felt so bad for the kids. Dave and I had no strength to do anything. So we spent the day taking turns taking care of the kids and taking naps. It was really hard for me because I felt like we missed Christmas...something we had been preparing for for so long and a day that you really want to make special for the kids. I hope Josiah still had a fun first Christmas! The kids were really great all day. Caleb finally understood that something wasn't right with mom and dad and he was a big help all day. The both took long naps which gave us some much needed rest.
Fortunately, it was only a 24 hour bug (of course why those 24 hours out of 365 days of the year?!?!) and we were able to exchange gifts with my family the next day. We are now fully recovered and I can share the moments we did capture. I hope you enjoy them and that you all had a wonderful (and healthy Christmas)! Happy New Year!!!!!

1 comment:

Mary Thorson said...

Glad to hear you are all feeling better. Happy New Year Friend! Love the pictures. Boy to I miss seeing the cuties.